Today is Mother’s Day and while many people are celebrating their Mom’s today, you may feel left out of the celebration and I am wanting to write a special post to tell you that I understand.
There are many different types of mothers in this world. There are moms, adopted moms, grandmothers, godmothers, aunts, cousins, friends, fur moms, fur grandmothers, fur aunts, etc.
There are moms who choose to have fur babies.
Then there are moms that have lost a child. A pain that I wish on no one for it is something that no one should ever experience.
Then there are those that have struggled and struggled to be a mom but have been unsuccessful.
Then there are the people who no longer have a mother to celebrate with here on Earth.
Whatever kind of Mom you are, I celebrate you.
To the people who have lost a mom, I celebrate for you on Earth to carry on over into heaven.
Let today be a celebration of every different kind of mother.
As I have gotten older I have become a more simpler person. I do not ask a lot out of the people around me and I do not expect gifts on my birthday or any holiday for that matter. So I decided to make a list of gifts that I would love to receive as a Mom or I have done for someone else. Remember, it’s not about the gift it is the thought that goes into the gift. The best gifts I have ever received are ones that are made by my kids or it was the time that was put into the gift that made it special.
- Sleep. This seems like an obvious one but let her sleep, or in my case just rest in bed with no interruptions. I can’t tell you how amazing it is just to sit in bed and not have to worry about getting breakfast ready, changing a diaper or anything else that has to be done in the morning.
- Let her pee alone. I am sure you have seen this one on every Pinterest board and Facebook meme but it is totally and completely true. Peeing alone is something you take for granted, until you have kids then it becomes a luxury.
- Have the kids make Mom a special meal. Have them tell you what they want to make her and help them execute it. It’s the thought that counts.
- Make Mom a card instead of buying one. Moms love thoughtful gifts and what is more thoughtful than making a card rather than buying one that 100 other Moms get.
- Do a special photoshoot for her. Either you take pictures of her and the kids or you hire a photographer to take pictures of just her and the kids. She will treasure these special pictures and so will your children. Make sure you PRINT them!
- A day at the spa. If your wallet allows it, splurge on a day at the spa. Massage, pedicure, manicure and just relaxation. Moms work very hard and often overlook much needed time for themselves so a day of pure relaxation will allow her to get some energy back.
- Hire a person to clean your house. If you hire someone to deep clean your home not only will it help out Mom it will make everyone happier because your home will be truly clean for a little while.
- Special time with each kid and spouse. Take time to plan a special “date” with each member of the family. If your child(ren) are old enough, have them think of something special they want to do with just Mom. If your child isn’t old enough to plan something make sure you think of every detail for their “date.” Also, do not forget to plan a special “date” with her spouse. Examples: picnic, paint a mug at your local pottery store, go shopping, etc.
Whatever you decide to get Mom it is the thought and time that went into it that counts. The best gift that a Mom can ever get is love, laughter and appreciation for all that she does. Happy Mother’s Day to all you Moms (and Dads pulling Mom duty). Know that you all are amazing and the world would be so different without you.